Here Are The Next 10 DC Movies – And Who’s Starring
Via press release, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment announced their full slate of superhero movies through 2020, and oh man, is this list a doozy:
– Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
– Suicide Squad, directed by David Ayer (2016)
– Wonder Woman, starring Gal Gadot (2017)
– Justice League Part One, directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
– The Flash, starring Ezra Miller (2018)
– Aquaman, starring Jason Momoa (2018)
– Shazam (2019)
– Justice League Part Two, directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
– Cyborg, starring Ray Fisher (2020)
– Green Lantern (2020)
In addition, the studio will release currently unscheduled standalone Superman and standalone Batman films in the same period.
The first movie (Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice) we’ve known about for a good long while, of course, while Justice League with Snyder directing has also been on the books for a while.
There’s a number of huge surprises from this announcement, though, including the casting of The Flash, the confirmation of a solo Wonder Woman movie – a huge deal for fans of both the character, and people who have been asking for a solo female superhero movie for years – and that “Justice League” will be split into two parts.
The biggest surprise, though, is how different Warner Bros./DC’s strategy is from closest rival Disney/Marvel. Where Marvel has staked out dates on movies for a similar time period, they’ve been playing what the movies will actually be pretty close to their virtual vest. This, on the other hand (and to mix metaphors) is WB/DC putting all – or most – of their collectible trading cards on the table.
Stay tuned to MTV News for more on this as it breaks.