Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about Space GO
- What is Space GO?
- Space GO gives you access to the best live and on-demand content in Canada on many platforms at any time, everywhere. This new video streaming service allows you to enjoy many of your favourite TV shows live on multiple devices as well as a large library of on-demand video content.
- Can I access Space GO from any device?
- Access to Space GO content is supported on iPhone, iPad, Android and web-connected desktop and laptop computers. We currently do not support Blackberry.
- Will streaming TV shows use my cellular data plan (3G/4G/LTE)?
- If you are not connected to the internet through Wi-Fi, streaming video will use your data plan.
- Can I watch Space GO content outside of Canada?
- If you are outside Canada, Space GO will not be available to you for viewing.
- Who is Space GO for?
- Space GO is for everybody who loves amazing TV and has a subscription to Space channel with a participating television service provider. Your access to Space GO programs is linked to your TV subscription.
- Where do I get Space GO?
- Space GO is available for download in the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android), or you can visit space.ca to get started. Once you have downloaded the Space GO App or have gone to Space.ca, select “Sign In” and then select your TV service provider and follow the login steps.Content from Space GO is also available on set top box and other platforms provided by participating service providers.
- My television provider is not listed, what can I do to get Space GO offered?
- Space GO is provided to Bell FIBE, Bell Satellite TV, Rogers, TELUS and Eastlink subscribers, but we are in talks with all television service providers to get it in your hands. If your provider is not listed, please contact them and let them know you are interested.
- Can I find out what shows are available to watch before I subscribe?
- You don’t need a subscription to browse or search the full Space GO catalogue. Visit Space.ca or download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Why is Space GO only available with a TV subscription?
- Space GO is a complementary TV service designed to enhance the programming you already get from your TV service provider. Space GO offers many more hours of content, exclusives and live streams of the broadcast channel, all available as added value to users who have a subscription.
- Will Space GO use my personal information/data?
- I am having problems signing in. Who can help me?
- For problems signing in, you will need to contact your TV service provider at: Bell Satellite TV: 1.888.759.3474 or mybell.bell.ca/Registration Bell Fibe TV: 1.866.797.8686 or mybell.bell.ca/Registration Telus: 1.888.554.7827 Rogers: 1.888.764.3771 Eastlink: 1.888.345.1111
- I forgot my login information. What can I do?
- Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. Just contact your TV service provider: Bell Satellite TV: 1.888.759.3474 or mybell.bell.ca/Registration Bell Fibe TV: 1.866.797.8686 or mybell.bell.ca/Registration Telus: 1.888.554.7827 Rogers: 1.888.764.3771 Eastlink: 1.888.345.1111
- What shows are available to watch online?
- Space GO has a wide-range of content, including full episodes, live events, exclusive clips, and behind-the-scenes extras.
- When do full episodes become available for viewing?
- The timeframes varies from show to show, but most content will appear online within 24 hours after it airs. New content is added often, so make sure you keep checking back for new clips and exclusive content.
- Which devices does Space GO support?
- Space GO supports the following: iPad, iPod, and iPhone running iOS 7.1+ Android tablets and smartphones running version 4.0+ Mac: 10.6+: Browsers: Safari, Firefox and Chrome PC: IE9+, Firefox, Chrome You cannot watch the live stream and certain content through the browser on your mobile device due to content security restrictions. Please download the iOS or Android app to enjoy the full Space GO experience.
- Does Space GO have support for other devices?
- Yes, members of a household can stream space go concurrently on up to two devices, and also watch content via the set-top box at the same time.
- Can I play video on Space GO from more than one device at a time?
- Yes, members of a household can stream space go concurrently on up to two devices, and also watch content via the set-top box at the same time..
- How many devices can be linked to one Space GO account?
- You may have up to five devices connected to your Space GO account at any time.
- Can I use Space GO when travelling in Canada and the U.S.?
- Space GO can be used anywhere within Canada on your mobile device or computer. Space GO is not available for use outside of Canada.
- Can I watch programs on Space GO in different languages?
- Space GO programming is available in English only.
- Can I watch programs on Space GO with closed-captioning or described video?
- Space GO programs are offered with closed-captioning on the set top box of participating television providers. Closed captioning on the mobile and web platforms will be coming soon.
- Are programs available on Space GO in HD?
- Space Go strives to offer users the best possible viewing experience. The video quality we deliver will depend on the content and your Internet connection and device. We will automatically detect your connection speed and send you the highest quality stream your connection can support.
Technical – General
- Why am I getting a “video playback error” on my device?
- This message will be displayed when you try to watch Space GO video content on iOS or Android devices that do not have an official release of the OS (operating system) software. Space GO only supports official releases. “Jailbroken” devices are not supported.
- Will I have the option to select video quality so I can ensure I don’t go over my monthly Internet bandwidth allocation?
- Space GO was designed for the best TV watching experience possible. It automatically detects your connection speed and sends you the highest quality video stream your connection can support. If you have concerns about video streaming consuming your Internet bandwidth allocation, you have the option to use your set-top box.
- What are the system requirements to access Space GO from my computer?
- For the best viewing experience you should have a high speed Internet connection. The speed of your connection will determine the quality of the video, and how quickly your episode will begin playing on your computer. If you are a Windows user, Space GO requires you to have a least Windows XP with Service Pack 2. If you are a Mac user, you must have Mac OS 10.6 or better. Space GO requires the Adobe® Flash® Player to stream video content. If you do not have the proper version of the Adobe® Flash® Player installed on your computer you will be required to update it before being able to sign in or watch any video.
- Do I need to disable my anti-virus software or any firewalls in order to access Space GO on my computer?
- Space GO operates using commonly accessible web protocols (HTTP, HTTPS) on standard ports for which most firewalls will allow access. If you have custom security in place, it may affect the ability of Space GO to properly function. If you have installed a firewall at home, simply accept the request from your firewall asking if it’s okay to access Space GO. To make Space GO an exception to your computer’s firewall, go to your Internet service provider’s online Help section and follow the instructions. For firewalls at work, you will need to contact your company’s Information Technology department. If you require additional assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- Do I need to adjust any web browser security settings on my computer to watch Space GO?
- When you log in to Space GO, you are doing so with your TV Service Provider username and password, which we will never see. As a result, to watch Space GO, your browser must enable “third-party cookies” and must have the ability to use secure connections. Other than that, standard browser settings will work fine. The following links provide more details on Third Party Cookies:
Third-party cookies on Firefox
Third-party cookies on Chrome
Third-party cookies on Internet Explorer
Third-party cookies on Safari
- Is special software needed to watch Space GO on a computer?
- Special software is not required, just your preferred Web browser and the Adobe® Flash® Player. Click here to install the latest Adobe® Flash® Player.
- Do I need a specific web browser to access Space GO?
- You can watch Space GO from your computer at space.ca. Space GO will work on the most up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Steps to download: Visit the browser’s home page that you want to update. Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome, then select the “Download Now’ button Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ then select the “Download a Fresh Copy” link Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads then select the “Get Internet Explorer” button Safari: https://support.apple.com/downloads/safari
- I am unable to download or install the app. What should I do?
- The app is available through the Canadian Google Play store or the Canadian Apple App Store. Make sure you are in the Canadian version of the stores and that you do not have any controls set up on your account that restrict access to apps with content meant for mature audiences. If you are still having difficulty with downloading the app, please contact Google or Apple Help Info for further assistance.
- I am in Canada but Space GO says that I am outside Canada. What can I do?
- First ensure a VPN or Proxy is not enabled, otherwise please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am using a Chrome browser and cannot view video. What should I do?
- You may have received an error message that a plug-in has crashed or stopped. This will likely require a change to a plug-in that the Chrome browser loads by default with each new version. To do so follow the steps provided here:
- The player functions are not working. What should I do?
- You can try refreshing your browser, or if in an app, hard-close the app and try again. If it still doesn’t work, contact email@example.com.
- Some of the artwork is not appearing on the player. What should I do?
- The video should still play even if the artwork is not displayed. However, the absence of artwork could indicate a problem with your Internet connection that will also prevent video from playing.
- When I try to watch a program, the video keeps skipping, stopping, or giving me an error message. Why is this happening?
- All Space GO videos are tested before they are released. The most common cause of skipping in video is an issue with your Internet connection. However, if you have watched multiple videos and only experienced problems with one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have downloaded the app but it will not open or it keeps crashing. What should I do?
- The app may not be installed correctly. Please uninstall the app completely, and then install it again. If you continue to experience difficulty, please contact email@example.com.
- While trying to watch video on the website, I received an “Adobe Flash Player is out-of-date” message.
- Follow the instructions to update to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- While trying to watch video on the website, I received a “right click to play Adobe Flash Player” or “enable Adobe Flash Player” message.
- Right click on the message within the video player and follow the steps to play video instantly. If that doesn’t work or isn’t available, follow the steps to enable Adobe Flash Player in your browser: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
- How do I enable Adobe Flash Player in my browser?
- To watch video on our website Flash plugin must be enabled. Follow the directions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
- Why is Flash being disabled in my browser by default?
- Browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari disable Flash by default. In the coming months, we will have a new solution that will not require Flash and will meet all new industry standards. The transition will be seamless to our customers and video will continue to work.
- Have another question about Space GO?
- For frequently asked questions about Space, difficulty navigating Space.ca, viewing content on Space GO, watching video, or if you want to contact us, please click on the links below.
- Media Enquiries
- For media enquiries, please visit bellmedia.ca/pr/contacts/.