E3 2016: Everything You Need To Know About The New Zelda Game
June 15, 2016
It’s been a long journey, but the next Legend of Zelda game is finally, probably, almost hopefully upon us, and it’s looking pretty darn snazzy. Featuring a huuuge open-world take on Hyrule and the ability for players to do what want when they want to do it, this is the next gen Zelda we’ve been waiting for. If all this is news to you, check out our handy lisrt o you need to know about the new Zelda game.
1. First things first, it now has a legit title.
2. And lovely box art.
3. And also an official new trailer. Watch it. Love it.
4. According to Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime, “Where you go, how you get there, the order in which you do it, and the items, weapons and approaches used to solve puzzles and defeat enemies are all up to you.”
5. Link can climb towers, mountains, and structures Assassin’s Creed-style in order to get a bearing on his surroundings, then paraglide to lower areas or even use his shield to slide down.
6. He can also hunt, gather, and cook.
7. Shifts in weather or temperature can not only affect the environment, but also Links chances for survival. “Players might need to bundle up with warmer clothes or change into something better suited to the desert heat.”
8. The game’s map is 12 times larger than Twilight Princess and features over 100 Shrines of Trials that can be explored whenever players want. Moreover, puzzles can have multiple answers, and secrets can be found everywhere.
9. It’s launching simultaneously for both the Wii U console and Nintendo’s next system, code-named NX, sometime in 2017, and both versions will be virtually identical.
10. A new trio of amiibo figures will be supported. Say hello to Archer, Guardian, and Rider.
11. As previously promised, you can also use Twilight Princess’ Wolf Link amiibo, who’ll appear and attack enemies on his own and assist with hunting. He’s got three hearts, so use him wisely.