13 Reasons Halloweentown’s Kalabar And Harry Potter’s Voldemort Are Actually The Same Villain
It’s time to face facts, people. Kalabar from Halloweentown and Voldemort from Harry Potter are two villainous peas in an evil pod, and I’m not the only one who thinks this. Several others have spoken the truth, and the rest of the world needs to wake up and smell the butter beer.
Still not convinced? Check out the rock-solid, definitive proof below and prepare to write me a one-page apology letter when you’re done.
1. They’re both wizards
And evil ones, at that.
2. Both are pale af and have faces only a mother could love
3. They’re important leaders in their communities
Kalabar leads the creatures, while Voldemort leads the Death Eaters.
4. Women try to tell them stuff and they don’t listen
5. October 31 is a huge day for them
Voldemort murdered Harry’s parents on Halloween, and Kalabar lived in a place called, uh, Halloweentown.
6. Both make a kid do half of their dirty work
Poor Luke and Malfoy; they didn’t stand a chance.
7. They’re each obsessed with the purity of race
Kalabar viewed the creatures as better than humans, while Voldemort saw Muggles as below those from strong wizard families.
8. They’ve fathered secret children
Kalabar had Kal in Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge, and Voldemort had Delphi in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
9. And those children followed in their father’s dastardly footsteps
Kal cast the forbidden Creature Spell on unsuspecting humans, while Delphi did everything she could to prevent her father’s ultimate demise.
10. Kalabar and woldemort were forced into hiding because, you know, they’re evil
While ol’ Voldy had to hide in the shadows, Kalabar felt like the humans forced the creatures to live in another dimension.
11. And both were defeated by a plucky kid who didn’t take their shit sitting down
Never underestimate an underdog.
12. They enjoyed terrifying small children
13. Lastly, they used phallic symbols to assert dominance
And failed horribly.