Four questions were initially posed to the SPACE team but how can you possibly encompass all that was seen and heard in one year with four questions? Well, you can but that didn’t stop anyone from adding more insight so without further ado, here’s what SPACE thought was the Best of 2012...
Best Thing Seen on SPACE:
- The Workshop of the Daleks
- Star Trek Next Generation Reunion in Calgary
- Fry vs. Dunne: The Great Oatmeal Throwdown
- John Barrowman in Studio (as declared by pretty much everyone in the department) • The Avengers in Studio
- Face Off season 3 (Web producer Bill particularly liked episode 310 where the final four had to create an original character for Grimm based on a grisly crime scene)
- The Almighty Johnsons (programming manager Rachel called it a ‘nice genre discovery’)
- Doctor Who, of course!
All of the InnerSPACE picks can be seen here!
- Cabin in the Woods
- Beasts of the Southern Wild
- Moonrise Kingdom
Best Probable Thing of 2013:
- Henry Cavill’s abs (consequently, that answer, given by SPACE intern Alexis, also received my vote for Best Response of 2012)
- A solid runner-up was Ajay’s answer: Proving all the doomsday 2012 believers wrong.
And now for something a little different...
Best Superhero Movie (was there any doubt it’s be between these two?):
- The Avengers
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Wreck-It Ralph
Best Comic Book:
- Building Stories by Chris Ware (thank senior producer Mark for adding that category)
Best Horror Film:
- Cabin in the Woods (I was one of two people, host Ajay being the other one, who deemed this the best movie overall of 2012)
- The Woman in Black
Best Sci-Fi Film:
Best ‘oh-my-god-i-can’t-believe-i-liked-that-so-much” film (blame our host Cynthia for adding this fun category):
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
- The Expendables 2
- Cloud Atlas
- Grumpy Cat
- Binder Full of Women
- The IKEA Monkey
- Mass Effect 3 (honorable mention Mark Of The Ninja)
So let’s hear it! What made your 2012 memorable?